Monday, May 15, 2017

Endurance: Vlog

This Action Project is for the second Unit of my Endurance course, Katabasis. For this project, we were asked to choose a mission that we're passionate about completing. Katabasis means to decend, which is what we were meant to do with our mission. Throughout the course and making of our action project, we utilized the book Dante's Inferno as a resouce by observing the hero's journey and Dante's mission. For my mission, I chose to try to think more creatively. At first, I didn't expect much of the Inferno novel, but as I started to complete my hours for my project, I found myself relating to Dante more than I thought. It was shocking to me how similar it was going on my journey. In the story, Dante's journey through hell is a lot more intense than my mission to find creativity, obviously, however there were many correspondances I found through endurance. Another topic that we covered in this unit was the journey of physical endurance. We learned about David Blaine, and his mission of completing some unimaginable tasks. After seeing what he had to go through, I became a bit intimidated by what he had to endure, and whether or not I was going to feel what he did. Luckily, I took the wimpy path, and didn't have to go without breathing or anything of the sort. However, even though I didn't witness the physical endurance David Blaine had to go through, I did find similarities between our missions. For this unit's action project, we were asked to complete 12 hours towards our mission. My goal was to start thinking creatively, mainly because I don't consider myself an artistic or imaginative person. I really enjoyed this project, as it allowed me to expand my horizons and think about things that would usually never come to mind. With the thoughts that came to my mind, I was able to create an art piece that I don't think I would've been able to before my hours of endurance. This past unit has been extremely interesting to me, and I'm excited for the next one. Hope you enjoy my Vlog!



No comments:

Post a Comment