Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Ollywood: The Shawshank Redemption Analysis

This action project was done for my elective course: Ollywood. Throughout this course, we studied what goes into pre-production, production, and post-production when creating a film. We also looked at the different meanings within film. The curriculum involved discussion, critiquing, and analyzing films and movies from different perspectives. My overall experience in the class was extremely helpful. I learned more about the movie-making industry than I ever thought I would.  During each unit of production, we learned the entire process that goes into creating that part of the film. We were taught all the roles that were involved in the making of the film, as well as types of camera work and editing. For pre-production, we learned about the people who do all of the preparation for the film, such as location scouts, and then did some activities ourselves. For production, we were assigned to make our own nanomovies, which helped me realize how time-consuming the filming process itself can be. For post-production, we learned all different types of editing techniques. For one of our FEs, we talking with our teacher's father, Ron Mix, who's an oscar winning nominee filmmaker. It was really insightful getting the chance to ask him our questions. On our other FE, our class went to the MorningStar building in Chicago, and got to see all the cameras and equipment they use for their production. This action project, I think, really helped us understand the process of actually going through pre-production, production, and post-production. It certainly helped me gain some insight on what it's like to produce a film, and I thought it was a great way to sum up all the units.


No comments:

Post a Comment