Thursday, September 29, 2016

Plans for the Future

Overview of Unit 1:

For my first Unit in Econ at GCE, I have to say I really enjoyed the concepts we learned. Math has always been one of my stronger suits, so Supply and Demand came to me pretty quick. Learning from both a mathematical and conceptual view was something I’d never done before, and it was interesting understand the mechanics of the economy while also taking in the way people think about money. For our Field Experience, my class went to the Federal Reserve in Chicago, where we were lectured by an economist and learned about how money is dealt with; it was an enriching adventure. For my first Action Project, my class was assigned to formulate two different college paths we might take once we graduate high school. I chose the career of an Information Technology manager, because I’ve always had an insight for hardware and software programs. Not only did this help me pick my college major, but it aided me in mapping out my future financial plans, and how I’m going to pay off my student loans in the future, depending on the path I take. I’m glad we were assigned this for our introduction to the course, because it helped create a future guide that I otherwise would’ve been unprepared for.

Slideshow:


Audio:

No comments:

Post a Comment